Saturday 13 September 2014

Sporty feel at SBX Sports and Music Bar

I wanted to visit a new place to ring in my Mom's birthday. On my little food adventure, I came across a this recently opened sports bar named SBX sports and music bar located on the 4th floor of Soul Space Arena Mall, Mahadevpura.


It is a nice big place and it is true to its name. Sports and music is the theme of the bar. One can enjoy a game of Foosball, carrom, snooker table or can have conversations by the bar counter while listening to some amazing music played by the DJ.
It also has an open terrace space for those cool-breezy evenings and for smoking zone. They have celebrations every day so one can check for ladies night, karaoke night, DJ night, family time or even Sunday brunches which are served at the place.


















The menu is multi-cuisine with a Indian touch to the recipes. SBX signature cocktails, shots, mocktails are unique and some are named after different sports person. I and Mom started our evening with SBX signature mocktail. I had Captain's cool which was a mix of mango, orange, pineapple juice with strawberry puree and lime soda. It was refreshing but a lil higher on sweet level. Special person had Very Very Special which had a unique combination of banana, coconut milk, orange and pineapple juice  and Raspberry syrup. Mom liked her drink as she could get the taste of all ingredients. As the evening passed by we also tried Passion at 8 which was a blend of orange, pineapple and passion fruit juice along with fresh lime. These drinks are mostly made from canned juices.











































































For starters, we chose Makai and cheese ki Seekh, soft kebab made from corn and cottage cheese. These kebabs were little dry and not something I preferred. Murg Tikka Angari was the favorite, char grilled chicken spiced with Indian spices. Gulnar Jalpari Tikka, a simple dish of river fish marinated with mustard and Indian spices. The fish was soft and melted in my mouth. I also tried the Nachos which were home-made served with salsa. I would have preferred the Nachos with cheese and toppings.






Moving on to main course, started with Masala papadum, I preferred Thai red curry but as I was craving for some prawns, Chef was kind enough to make some changes in thai curry and serve in with prawns which were flavored with lemongrass and gatangal served with steamed rice. Mom preferred Madrasi Style Fish, basa fish marinated with spices and flavored with coriander and capsicum along with butter naan.







Not many options for desserts, we had Carrot halwa, Gulab jamoon and Vanilla Ice-cream. While mom liked carrot halwa with ice-cream, I preferred gulab jamoon with ice-cream.





Overall it was a nice experience where I rang in my Mom's birthday. Special mention to the Manager and Chef for making my Mom's birthday worth remembering. SBX Sports and Music bar is open on all days where one can enjoy food, liquor, conversation and music.






Birthday selfie toh banti hai

No comments:

Post a Comment