Friday 25 December 2015

Pre-Christmas dinner at Melange, Park Plaza

This was my first visit to Melange, Park Plaza. Melange is the 24 hour dining restaurant which serves fusion food. I was recently invited to be part of their Pre-Christmas celebration and a 4 course dinner menu was crafted by the executive Chef Narender who won the ‘Hotelier of the Year Award 2015’ for being the Best Chef. So this became the double celebration at the hotel.


I started the meal with a soup, Chicken, Mushroom, Porcini cream soup with truffle foam with a dash of basil oil served with leeks and tarragon bread. This was a different soup of all the soups I have had which tasted good very nice. I wouldn't mind another helping of the same.


Salmon Mousse with herbed garlic baguette. The plating of the dish was simple and the salmon mousse was very creamy. A chicken finger in this dish was simple but gave the desired crispiness.



Over the course of meal, I tried 2 mocktails which were refreshing and cleansing my palatte.
























Next was Maple glazed roast turkey and steamed broccoli with garlic, water chestnuts and parmesan. the maple glaze made the dish sweet and my excitement to have turkey for Christmas was fulfilled. I was so excited for main course that I missed clicking a picture. Oh, the dish was very well presented.

Plum pudding with cognac sauce was for desserts along with strawberries and kiwi served with ice-cream. I did not taste the pudding as it had alcohol but I enjoyed the fruit glass and ice-cream.





The love with which Chef Narender and his team cooked the dinner reflected in the flavors and the taste. After this meal, I know why he was honored with Beft Chef award :) I am looking forward to visit Melange again to experience their food and also the different restaurants at Park Plaza.

Hope you enjoyed reading my review, do let me know if there is any must-try's at Park Plaza and do share your views too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment