Tuesday 20 February 2018

Beach shack experience & New Menu at Lady Baga, Bangalore

When Bangaloreans miss the beach and a shack experience then they head to the nearest beach. While beach can't be arranged here in Bangalore but a shack experience can surely be enjoyed. With the opening of Lady Baga in one of the prominent areas of Bangalore, a beach shack experience can be enjoyed in Bangalore.
Located on Lavelle road, as you enter Lady Baga, it takes you through a complete goan shack atmosphere. A 3D display of the beach will not make you miss the real beach much too. Apart from the colorful walls and lights around the place, you can also shop for clothing and accessories from their store. 
Chef Aloysious Dsouza has joined Lady Baga and has revamped the menu. He has added some dishes to the existing menu to give you a complete beach shack experience. Read on to know more about the menu.

I started my meal with Sungta Maria, it was a goan style bruschetta with masala prawns on fried toast. Followed by Dancing chicken. Not sure why it is named dancing chicken when it has chickens crumbed and tossed in Vindaloo sauce. I love tossed prawns so with Prawn Loncha so Prawn Loncha was my pick. These lightly pickled prawns tossed with coconut and green chillies has a burst of flavors. A wild mushroom starter impressed me. These starters go well with the drinks. 
For main course, I wanted to try seafood only so I chose Chef Aloos prawn curry. Sheer comfort food named after the chef which is served with unpolished red rice, fried anchovies (fish), tendli pickle and kismur (prawn salad). Goan Surmai fish was next, this seer fish curry with ground spices, chillies and coconut, taste best with rice. Seer fish tasted very well. Pork options are also good but as you know I do not eat pork so I cannot talk about it. 
Lastly for dessert, one cannot miss Bebinca, this multi layered egg pudding is made in house and served warm and with vanilla ice-cream. Caramel sauce on the bottom can be totally avoided so you can inform them to not add it to your dessert. 
Lady Baga is known for their cocktails so sip on some cocktails or mocktails like I sipped on Lady Baga's bubbly while I felt I was in a a goan shack. The food may not be completely authentic to goan taste but the experience of beach shack is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment