Thursday 15 October 2015

RedCooker: Relish gourmet food and home-style food with a click

Too many app's bring to you restaurant food but how many actually get their own kitchen cooked food for you? On this idea Rohan Patnaik, Amol Patil and Raghunandan B came up with RedCooker, a start-up which aims at bringing gourmet and home-style food to everyone’s door-step with a click.




These days people like to experiment different cuisines and gourmet food but at the same time, do not want to make a hole in the pocket or eat restaurant food. Now with this choice, we hardly have any choice to make. So here, RedCooker steps in which will serve both home-style and gourmet food. This will be done with the aggregation of housewives in each locality and on-boarding master chefs with years of experience in 5-star hotels respectively, all this at an affordable price.


For now, they are only delivering in and around 5 Kms to Industrial Area, Whitefield and Outer ring road. It plans to operate in few more locations in Bangalore and extend to all the Metros and tier 1 cities in the next six months.

I was invited to the RedCooker's kitchen in Whitefield to experience their food and have a look at the hard work they put to bring us the yummy food we desire. Upon entering the kitchen, I was surprised that the entire kitchen was well organized with cleanliness maintained, no much noise and the smell of yummy food everywhere.

I'm sure you would want to know what I ate? Well, Crispy Fish Fingers, Paneer Kathi Roll, Pasta in red sauce, Paneer Methi Malai, Coriander pesto grilled fish basa, Mutton Rogan Josh and Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani came on the table one after the other. While I did not really enjoy pasta in red sauce and Paneer Methi Malai, I really liked the rest which was served.

The Coriander pesto grilled fish basa was everyone’s favourite. It was a simple dish filled with flavors but it was ordered umpteen times till we left the premises. It didn't look like the one you see in pic below but it was tasty.


Next personal favourite was Mutton Rogan Josh. I am very particular when it comes to mutton as I have had mutton almost all my life. While I was eating, I couldn't think if this was home cooked food or was I eating this dish away from home. Tender mutton pieces with gravy full of flavors. You should eat this to believe it.


I also enjoyed the fish fingers, paneer kathi roll and Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani, it was cooked to perfection and my taste buds were asking for more. The quantity served for every dish is also good for one person. For the amount you are paying for each dish, the food is worthy. If I'm getting such delish looking and tasting food at affordable prices then the restaurants surely have some tough competition. 




Launched in August 2015, they are already in the business with receiving over 100 orders a day only in Whitefield. Their android app with the name 'RedCooker Food Ordering' has a current overall rating of 4.3 which is good. I hope they maintain their food quality and quantity with time and as they grow this would be their biggest task.






So what are you waiting for? Download the app from your google play store and get your hands on some delicious food cooked and served with love. I'm waiting for their iOS and Windows app :)


No comments:

Post a Comment