Friday 7 August 2015

K3 - JW Marriott, New Delhi

My love for JW Marriott, Bangalore is very evident, from Farm to fork with the chef's to enjoying the Tangra food festival, getting delighted at the Bangalore Baking Company to enjoying the new menu at Alba or just enjoying the food straight from Amritsar at Spice Terrace with the Baisakhi menu  I have always dined there, celebrated my special days, had long conversations over mid night buffet and the list goes on.

By far, I enjoy having a good lunch or dinner buffet at JW Marriott, Bangalore and I thought no other property could beat this. While I was enjoying the the Chaat food fest at JW Kitchen, I got to know about K3 in JW Marriott, New Delhi. What got me excited was that they have 3 different live counters serving 3 different cuisine which is managed by 3 different chef's specialized in that cuisine. Doesn't it sound fantastic? Normally, in restaurants you find live counters serving little bit of varieties but they are not usually managed my chef's specialized in that cuisine. For me, it was like 3 different restaurants under one roof :)

I was visiting Delhi on my personal visit and made sure I dropped by JW Marriott, New Delhi before I return back to Bangalore. Any hotel can be good with their service but they should never go wrong with their food and beverage. I made my way to the Hotel during a sunny afternoon while I had an evening flight. As the property is close to the airport, I could enjoy my meal with leisure. I took a tour around the property which was so beautiful. I have always been a fan of the chandeliers used in JW Marriott property. The open space with loads of greenery is a space I would like to chill for a romantic evening.









The Oval bar offers its guest a range of premium wines and spirits. The Delhi Baking Company or DBC, which is the hotel patisserie, specializes in a wide range of grab-and-go gourmet products, perfect for those rushing to the airport or to the city. I have heard that their hot chocolate is pretty famous, will try it the enxt time I'm at DBC. The JW lounge is designed beautifully, it is an integration of the lobby, reception and the lobby lounge. It is designed like an exclusive living room with an exciting array of food and beverages.

The Oval Bar


Akira Back, panning across two levels of the hotel, Akira back specializes in Japanese cuisine with a Korean essence. The restaurant distinguishes itself with an eight-metre tall sake wall which houses some of the finest sakes and wines. It is open for dinner only.




Now to K3, the all-day dining restaurant has been fashioned like a food theatre with three LIVE kitchens displaying three distinct cuisines: North Indian, Cantonese and Tuscan. Each kitchen offers authentic cuisine, specially handcrafted by our three specialty chefs. The restaurant also has a special al fresco service with an open bar that serves as a juice bar in the morning and a wine bar in the evenings. It's a 24 hour restaurant. The variety which is served here is amazing and hard to believe. But there are more live counters added for a Sunday brunch which surely makes it an experience to relish and cherish. Truly, worth every penny you spend.









With an awesome company, Nikhil, I enjoyed the salad's from the salad counter following by the appetizers from all the 3 live counters, my main course was specially made by the chef heading Oliva (Tuscan cuisine). Dehelvi, is the live counter which serves North Indian food, mostly inspired from Mughal or Dilli 6 food. Cantonese cuisine's live counter has lots to offer too, not just dim sums. Basically, one can choose a particular cuisine and have a tummy full meal from there as it serves appetizers and main course. I particularly enjoyed the sea food at K3. Not all restaurants make finger licking sea food dishes in Delhi and I couldn't resist but enjoy them at K3. I did not feel that I was enjoying a meal in Delhi, as the sea food was amazing.






The dessert section is always my favorite, I'm sure lots of others like it too. I wasn't disappointed at all with the dessert section as it lived up to my expectation. Various desserts on offer where you can choose to indulge in your favorite's.










I would like to thank Nikhil for giving me an amazing time for my lunch and conversations, Chef Girish Krishnan, executive chef at JW Marriott New Delhi was welcoming me and making sure I was taken care of and all the head chef's of the live counters who made sure I tried some of their best dishes.

Those people who usually have to choose between Indian/Chinese/Italian cuisine will never have to do the same once they enter K3 as you can relish all the 3 cuisines under one roof. I would surely visit K3 again. But I would like to try Akira back too :) If you are in Delhi or around, make a visit to JW Marriott and you will never regret :)


No comments:

Post a Comment